Pupil Development Grant
Brynaman CP School PDG Statement
The Pupil Development Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
- to identify the target group of pupils, its characteristics and needs
- to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
- to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
In 2017-18 Brynaman CP School was provided with a PDG allocation of £46,700.
At Brynaman CP School we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Carmarthenshire Local Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
We have used the funding available to:
- enhance teaching and learning by providing programme of support, which include a specialist teacher and support staff to lead focus and intervention groups;
- provide intervention and support programmes that are proven to have the greatest impact and to be sustainable, including Positive Play, CHATT, Catch-up, speech and language, letters and sounds and Springboard programmes;
- provide specific high quality training for school staff on the above and additional strategies;
- implement and use data tracking systems to identify learners’ needs, target interventions and monitor impact;
- work in partnership with other schools, the community and other organisations, including support and medical experts;
- improve attendance of target group by using traffic light interventions;
- developed leadership capacity to prioritise the impact on the quality of provision and outcomes to support learners and their families.
Our detailed plan, which includes details in respect to how we’re spending the grant, is available from the headteacher.